This tasty chicken stew recipe is great to have on a cold winters evening. It’s full of those Indian flavours that are just so comforting and it’s so easy to make. I love this tasty chicken stew recipe as it’s all done in the one pot, so less washing up.
- 1 chopped medium Onion,
- 1 chopped Green Chilli
- 4 peeled cloves of garlic
- 15g Fresh Ginger
- 700g chopped Chicken Breast
- 5 medium potatoes
- 3/4tsp Turmeric
- 1 1/2tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- Pinch ground cloves
- Salt to taste
- A handful of frozen beans
- 1tsp tamarind paste
- Chopped coriander
- Firstly put the garlic, chilli and ginger in 100ml of cold water.
- Blitz with a stick blender.
- In a large frying pan fry the chopped onion until just taking some colour. 3) Add the chicken and stir until just beginning to brown.
- Sprinkle the spices over the chicken to cover and then pour in the garlic purée.
- Cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the chopped potatoes and pour over enough water to cover.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the french beans and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tamarind paste if using, check the seasoning.
- To finish scatter some freshly chopped coriander and it is ready to serve.I usually serve my tasty chicken stew with plain basmati rice. This tasty chicken stew recipe will serve 4. I hope you enjoyed my guide on how to make tasty chicken stew x