These are delicious mouthfuls of yumminess. The first time I made them, they disappeared so fast, I thought, I might have imagined making them. They are great fun to make with children, as there is a lot of chocolate to be tasted. I always used to like helping my Mum in the kitchen and used to fight with my brother over licking the spoon and cleaning the bowl out. There is no need for a sugar thermometer as they are so easy to make.
Make double, just double this recipe up and give some away as a homemade gift. I’m only saying some because you will want to keep some for yourself. Kept in the fridge they will last for 2-3 weeks if you can stop yourself from popping to the fridge for a bite.
This recipe makes about 50 squares.
- 450g White Chocolate
- 397g Can of Condensed Milk
- 25g Butter
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100g Icing Sugar (sieved)
- 400g Mini Eggs
- First of all line a 23 x 23cm tin with baking parchment. This makes it so much easier to get your treats out of the tin at the end.
- In a bowl put the white chocolate, condensed milk, butter and vanilla extract. Make sure the chocolate is broken into small pieces otherwise it takes longer to melt.
- Place your bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Do not let the bowl touch the water. The chocolate and condensed milk need to melt slowly, otherwise, your chocolate will spoil.
- Once they have all melted together and there are no lumps, stir in the sieved icing sugar. This does take a bit of beating and elbow grease.
- Once everything is combined leave to stand for 5 minutes for the mixture to cool down a little.
- While the mixture is cooling, put your mini eggs in a bag and smash them either with a rolling pin, or a meat mallet. You just need to crush them a little.
- Now that the mixture has cooled a little, the mixture must not be too warm otherwise your eggs will melt into the white chocolate.
- Pour in 3/4 of the crushed eggs.
- Give it another mix and you are ready to pour into your prepared tin.
- Press the remaining eggs over the top of your treats and place in the fridge overnight to firm up.
- The next day cut into centimetre squares and put into pretty bags to give away for presents, or just keep them all to yourself.
I hope you enjoy my easter treats x