Some people may say that a muffin should be sweet, and once I would have agreed with them, but you really must give my easy savoury muffins recipe a go, they are lunch in a bun. This easy savoury muffins recipe never lasts long in my house as after initially noses being turned up, they disappeared just as quickly as the sweet muffins. My easy savoury muffins recipe is also great for lunch boxes, or picnics.
- 125ml Milk
- 150g Natural Yogurt
- 125g Melted Butter (let it cool slightly)
- 2 Medium Eggs at room temperature
- 250g Self-Raising Flour
- 50g Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Fine Salt
- 150g Roughly Chopped Dried Figs
- 300g Wensleydale Cheese (cut into 5mm chunks)
- Preheat the oven at 190C/Gas mark 5.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases, or baking parchment.
- Gently melt the butter over a low heat.
- Then in a large jug, whisk together the milk, yoghurt, melted butter and eggs until mixed together.
- In a large bowl put the self-raising flour, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, and salt mix together to combine.
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and give it a good stir.
- Once combined add the dried figs and Wensleydale cheese and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffins cases and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool a bit.They can be eaten warm with the cheese still slightly soft, or at room temperature, I prefer them this way as the cheese has hardened and the flavours seem more enhanced. Give them a go, see which way you prefer.I hope you enjoy my easy savoury muffins recipe x